Are the semantic inline elements really useful? (Re: [whatwg] What exactly is contentEditable for?)

Aankhen wrote:
> On 8/31/05, Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper at bryant-greene.name> wrote:
>
>>>Aside: Now that I looked at the source of the literature list, I noticed
>>>that some titles of works were marked up as <em>. my hypothesis is that
>>>after an upgrade Dreamweaver has started using <em> when pressing
>>>command-i. Sigh. See http://mpt.net.nz/archive/2004/05/02/b-and-i
>>
>>http://jasper.bryant-greene.name/2005/08/31/b-and-i-are-bad-mkay/
>

> ...which says: "Of course, using <em> indiscriminately wherever you
> would have used <i> is not semantic at all".

Did you actually read the mpt.net.nz article that my article refers to?

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer

If you find my advice useful, please consider donating to a poor
student! You can choose whatever amount you think my advice was
worth to you. http://tinyurl.com/7oa5s