[whatwg] Web Applications and 3D

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:45:23 -0400
Brad Neuberg wrote:
> Sounds like scope creep to me, and outside the purview of WHAT.

    Why? Because you don't consider programs that use 3D graphics are
applications? If a motorcycle manufacturer creates an app that lets you
order a custom bike, and it displays the bike in 3D as you change
various options for the order, is that not a valid web application?
Remember, people used to think that 2D graphics were only for games. In
an age where every computer ships with 3D graphics acceleration
built-in, why would we limit web applications to 2D?