[whatwg] base/xml:base

From: Robert Sayre <mint@franklinmint.fm>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:44:51 -0400
I'm not sure where this fits in the WhatWG backwards compatibility
requirements, but would it be possible to allow finer-grained control
over the baseURI in sections of a page? I gather that Mozilla already
does this with xml:base and that sticking base elements in the HTML body
is a hack that seems to work in some browsers (ick). I believe it's
quite likely page authors will want to aggregate content with disparate
baseURIs, whether from syndication, dashboard widgets, or something
else. So, could one of the new elements in WA 1.0 grow a base attribute
and explicit support for xml:base?

Robert Sayre