[whatwg] text/html flavor conformance checkers and <foo />

From: Olav Junker Kjr <olav@olav.dk>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:21:05 +0200
Both <foo /> and <foo/> are errors in HTML and should be flagged by a
conformance checker.
XHTML 1.0 appendix C arguably allows a hybrid syntax which is HTML and
XHTML at the same time. This is not relevant for HTML5 though, since
HTML5 explicitly disallows serving XHTML as text/html, so a HTML5
document is always either HTML or XHTML dependent on the mime type.

regards
Olav Junker Kj?r