[whatwg] Scripting Tweaks

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:11:24 +0100
On 4/20/05, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
> Speaking of setTimeout, where is this defined?

Nowhere, and in fact the string method is the commoner implementation,
there are a number of implementations which do not support a function
reference.

uniqueID is very useful, I to use it all the time for patterns such as
your hashtable of objects.   I certainly support the idea, and with
the strong issues that closures of DOM objects have in IE, it's even
more valuable.  It's certainly a pattern I would rather encourage in
the dabblers who are always on the team.

Jim.