[whatwg] [web-apps] Titles in HTML

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:08:58 -0400
John Lewis wrote:
> I strongly believe quotation marks (for songs, etc.) should be written
> by the author in the document, not added with CSS. <q> is messy and
> hard to use.

I agree that <q> has problems, particularly with en-US style punctuation.
However, if the italics is going to be in the CSS, I think the quotation
marks should also be there.

I'd like to note also that citations in languages other than English --
in Chinese, for example -- are probably done differently. (This is why
either all citation formatting should be the responsibility of the author
or none of it should be.)

~fantasai