[whatwg] [html5] 2.6. Phrase elements

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:26:54 +0200
* 2.6.1. The a element

I was wondering if you could give some more examples for the specific
attributes. For example:

   a[type=application/pdf]::after{
    content:" " url(pdf-icon)
   }

* 2.6.6. The abbr element

It seems the TITLE attribute here has a very specific content model.
Perhaps it should be specific for the ABBR element instead of reusing
the global TITLE attribute?

# The title  attribute may be omitted if there is a dfn element in the
# document whose defining term is the abbreviation.

I think this sentence might need some clarification. Is it something
like the following:

  <abbr>W3C</abbr>
  <dfn title="World Wide Web Consortium">...

... so I don't have to provide a TITLE for ABBR because DFN already has
one with the same value? I don't think that makes sense...

I also wonder, as some elements have further restricted content models.
Is it expected that ABBR elements may nest? (Perhaps this should be a
more general question as it applies to some other elements in this
section as well.)

* 2.6.12. The kbd element

How can this element only be used in strictly inline-level content but
sometimes contain inline-level content. That doesn't work. If that is
changed and inline-level content is still allowed I would like to see an
example in the specification.

* 2.6.13. The sup and sub  elements

Shouldn't the second example use the I element?

* 2.6.15. The q element

It looks like this has the same problem as 2.6.12. (A Q element to
contain a BLOCKQUOTE?)

The link of the CITE attribute links to the CITE element...

* 2.6.16. The cite element

Could this element get a note saying that it should not be used for
quotations. Perhaps an invalid example would help as well.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>