[whatwg] <p> elements containing other block-level elements

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2005, at 12:31, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
>> Many people feel that a minor typo in their document should not cause
>> their page to stop rendering altogether. I have spoken with a _lot_ of
>> authors who really do not like XML's draconian error handling, including
>> many authors who are always ensuring their documents are valid.
>
> Recently, I made a typo and left out the slash in an end tag (on the tag soup
> side). Since Gecko forces tag soup into a tree, I didn't notice anything in
> Firefox.

Indeed it would be useful if Firefox had the ability to log parse errors
to the console (clearly this would have to be off by default). I don't see
how this affects whether the current XML error handling scheme is at-all
sutiable for use on the web though.