[whatwg] [html5] tags, elements and generated DOM

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:47:56 +0100
> > Or at the very least use something that would not confuse people into
> > thinking that it is an
> > application of SGML or XML.
>
> Do you want to replace "NONSGML" with "THIS-IS-NOT-SGML"?

No, I want to replace <!DOCTYPE - with something completely different,
the whole point that anything that looks like an SGML (or XHTML)
doctype will confuse users into thinking that it is an application of
SGML.

I see no reason to continue only the odd model of rendering mode
switching  - especially without what this is exactly being defined in
the spec. when as only new implementations will be written supporting
WF2  a simple <html WHATversion="2"> like mechanism can be used, this
will leave it in a much stronger position for going forward.

Jim.