[whatwg] [html5] tags, elements and generated DOM

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>> This is clearly an example of how existing browsers are
>>> non-conformant,
>>
>> Doing otherwise would result in a lot of broken pagges
>
> Those pages are already broken.  Authors just don't know it because
> the browsers are even more broken by being forced to deal with them.

You could also argue that they interoparate pretty well. And that it
would be nonsense to break that. (Especially since no browser does it
the other way around.)

>> and probably less market share for the browser.
>
> I thought this was about standardisation, not some marketing gimmick
> for brower vendors!

O common. I just meant that nobody would win anything if a browser
became conformant here. It would be a lot better to fix the
specification for these instances and make HTML a more logical language.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>