[whatwg] [html5] tags, elements and generated DOM

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:51:48 +0100
On Apr 6, 2005 11:41 AM, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> > and the mostly undefined error handling, what about HTML 5 will
> > be so incompatible with SGML to warrant such a decision?
>
> One example:
>
> <http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-January/002993.html>

the specication has not currently taken this into the specification,
and there has been no other support in the mailing list for doing
this?  This is clearly an example of how existing browsers are
non-conformant, and simply making it conformant just blesses browsers
in the future to continue violating specs safe in the knowledge that
the spec will get changed to suit them, rather than the reverse.

Exactly what's happened with CSS, do we really want to do it with HTML too?

Cheers,

Jim.