[whatwg] Status bars and progress indicators

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:28:14 +1000
Petrazickis wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Several People wrote:
>>> <gage>...</gage>
>>
>> If we're going to have that element, can we at least get the spelling
>> correct: <gauge>?
>>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gage
>
> Looks like it's merely the less common variant.

Well, if thats the case, I would recommend spelling it as gauge, or
otherwise finding an element name that does not have conflicting
American and rest-of-the-world spellings.  I'm assuming spelling it as
gage is American, since they seem to have trouble with the letter 'u' in
many other words as well, which I personally find really annoying.  So,
I'd rather not have country specific spellings in the markup language.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://www.lachy.id.au/