[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:37:40 -0700

On Mac OS X, there is no native convention for highlighting an access
key in a label string. In particular, the Windows convention of
underlining is not followed, and there is no alternate similar
convention. Mac OS X does not have access keys for individual controls
in the native UI, nor does it decorate individual characters in a label
string for any reason.

In brief,?I think any requirement to render the access key in a label
in a special way would be inconsistent with Macintosh UI. And I do not
think the spec should require things that are inconsistent with the UI
of particular platforms.