[whatwg] RE: Degrading of web applications

From: Chris Were <chris.were@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:51:15 +0930
Hi all,

I saw my demo was posted to this list and I decided to join in the
discussion here. Lachlan's post made me think about my framework
design regarding degradation - but I think it's important to note
here. I've posted an outline of my framework and why I chose a NON
degradable method (http://tahpot.homeip.net/wp_blog/index.php?p=7).

There are two ways to think of web applications - the traditional
click-load-click-load model or a _new_ completely dynamic page
(application) through JS/CSS/DOM. The latter approach is new (although
using existing technology from roughly IE5.5+) and requires no
degradation.

That being said - this is probably irrelevant as degradation is _very_
important for traditional web apps... I think the point I'm actually
making is that care needs to be taken when defining what a web
application is now and what it could be in the future (which from what
I see you all appear to be doing a damn good job at)

Cheers,
Chris