[whatwg] Placement of currency symbols

From: Matthew Thomas <mpt@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 03:15:34 +1200
>> And prefixing or affixing currency symbols hardly needs help from
>> special Web Forms markup.
>
> How would you do it? Assuming you want the currency symbol to appear in
> the text box?

Er, I wouldn't assume that a currency symbol should ever appear inside
a box that only accepts one currency. Doing that would give the
misleading impression that (1) people had to retain (or retype) the
currency symbol in the field when editing the value, and that (2) they
could use a different currency if they wished. The former would slow
people down unnecessarily, and the latter could cause nasty mistakes.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/