[whatwg] overflow:auto in tbody

On Nov 13, 2004, at 21:38, Markus Fischer wrote:
> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> On Nov 13, 2004, at 19:31, Markus Fischer wrote:
>>> Do you suggest to use the scrollbar of the current viewport (whole
>>> document or frame)?
>> Yes.
>
> Isn't this very limiting?

On the contrary, instead of limiting the user to use a table-specific
scrollbar, the user can use whatever method he/she is used to using
when scrolling Web pages (main scrollbar, keyboard, mouse wheel, voice
recognition, etc.).

> There are certainly problems with multiple such tables inside one
> document.

Why? With my suggestion, the thead and tfoot boxes always stay on top
the table box. Also, the issue of nested tables is addressed. Only
tables that are positioned to be overlapping would be problematic, but
then having the tables overlap would obscure part of the tables anyway.

> A proper spec on how tbody/thead/tfoot should work together seems more
> useful to me.

Was there something particularly improper with my suggestion that would
need revising?
(http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=henris
-61B34A.16434125092000%40uutiset.saunalahti.fi)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://iki.fi/hsivonen/