[whatwg] overflow:auto in tbody

On Nov 13, 2004, at 12:22, Luis Miguel Reis wrote:

> Using tables with scroolbars like these would also benefit from size
> units(?) dependent on screen size, but that's another story (which I
> think makes sense in WebForms more than in general HTML).

Actually, the view port size is quite relevant.

Instead of having a scrollbar specifically for the table, I'd prefer a
copy of the thead box sticking to the top of the viewport when the
usual thead box has been scrolled above the top of the view port but a
part of the table is still visible in the view port.

See
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=henris
-61B34A.16434125092000%40uutiset.saunalahti.fi

That suggestion is over four years old, so I'm not holding my breath.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://iki.fi/hsivonen/