[whatwg] [html5] thoughts

From: Max Romantschuk <max@provico.fi>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:11:50 +0200
Thomas Scholz wrote:
> What about an element <quote>?

Um, isn't that what <q> is all about? [1] Or am I missing something?

I thought the issue on the table was the fact that the spec defines the
following: "Visual user agents must ensure that the content of the Q
element is rendered with delimiting quotation marks."

The problem arises with UAs which don't understand <q>, and leaves out
the quotation marks. This results in the loss of the information that
the element content was a quote.

.max

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-Q

--