Transition from Legacy to Native rendering - (was Re: [whatwg] repetition model)

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:57:04 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> > So, what method do we use?
>
> If IE has JS enabled, then you can just use the IE extensions that
> implement Web Forms 2 in IE,

No I can't, they will not meet my QA teams requirements (HTC's are
outlawed, they're SHITE!) they'd also need to be available in a
suitable licence and up to sufficient code quality to satisfy me, I
really can't see that happening, especially as it's likely to be a
considerable bloat to the size of each page impacting on rendering
time and download times.

In any case if you remember, the need to identify if support is
provided for the browser behaviour is if we need to include the IE
extensions, since we've just shown that the proposed method doesn't
work in IE, we need another method to know if we need our legacy fix
up script to run.

> instead of treating it like a legacy UA. So this isn't a problem.

So you're saying IE is the only UA that does this, could you point me
to the test cases you used and which UA's you actually tested on?
Could you also list where the behaviour is outlawed, and in which
specification?

Jim.