[whatwg] <output> and onforminput

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:37:25 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> Come now Jim, I've given you at least half a dozen use cases by now.

Could you point me to them, as I've still not found them!

> Here's an ASCII art example of a form that would use datetime:
>
>   +-- Add Event --------------------------------+
>   |                                             |
>   |  Event name: [___________________________]  |
>   |  Start time: [ Wednesday at 3pm          ]  |
>   |  End time:   [ Wednesday at 3:45pm       ]  |
>   |                                             |
>   |                               (( Submit ))  |
>   +---------------------------------------------+

Right, still struggling to see this (the UTC basis is the problem, not
the idea of a datetime) - remember on all legacy clients the user will
be needing to enter it in UTC, so it needs to be an international
environment where the users are entering globally relevant times, I've
simply not found these.   (it doesn't even work with calendars, since
times like "wednesday's at 3pm" are complicated by summertime changes.

Drop the UTC requirement, and I'd be completely happy with
understanding datetime, but I just don't get it at all with this
requirement, which is why I'm still asking for the usecase!

Jim.