[whatwg] Suggestion: "context" attribute

Doron Rosenberg wrote:
> You imagine this as a tooltip like thing (hovering over the input with
> the mouse would show the div at the mouse pointer)?

    No, this if for context menus, like the kind you get in Windows when
you right-click on something. Actually, it doesn't have to display a
menu. It could be anything the author wants. It's simply using the
context menu access method.

> XUL has a similar concept.

    You don't say? Maybe I got it from that guy that came up with that
"XUL Basic" idea.

> You probably want to leave it up to the UA to decide how to show it
> (handhelds and accessibility usually have it hard to deal with large
> tooltip areas).

    For tooltips, that makes sense, but not for context menus, unless
you want to limit the context attribute to displaying markup
specifically designed for displaying menus. As for menu elements, that
needs to be addressed in a separate thread...