[whatwg] Re: <output> and onforminput

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Malcolm Rowe wrote:

>> I never suggested that, I suggested where Opera has a near monopoly
>> (which it does on a some platforms) we'd be forced to upgrade at a cost
>> to a new version, if the WF2 did not degrade gracefully on those user
>> agents, as it looks so far, it doesn't, and Ian has stated that only
>> IE6 is important.
>
> Whatever my own beliefs, I'm really not in a position to state the goals
> of WHATWG, so perhaps Ian should come in at this point.

"The group aims to develop specifications based on HTML and related
technologies to ease the deployment of interoperable Web Applications,
with the intention of submitting the results to a standards organisation.
This submission would then form the basis of work on formally extending
HTML in the standards track."

"This working group aims to make [the] development [of Web Applications]
easier, and hopes to specify new technologies that make it possible to
make much prettier and more usable interfaces with less dependence on
complex scripts, less dependence on server-generated pages, and a more
seamless user experience."