[whatwg] Re: input element types

From: Mike Shaver <mike.shaver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:57:44 -0400
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:33:35 +0100, Malcolm Rowe <malcolm at farside.org.uk> wrote:
> I'd imagine the relevant markup would be:
>
> <input type="date" name="preferred_date">
> <select name="preferred_time">
>
> Since the 'time' control on that page can contain pseudo-times like 'Any',
> 'Morning', and so on, a datetime control doesn't make sense here. I'd
> imagine that they'd also retain their existing JavaScript for supporting
> some non-WF2 UA's.

Many, many uses of time-controls have these annotations; all day for
events, Morning/Afternoon/Evening, Any, etc.  If, say, 80% of the
time-entry widgets on the web are going to have to be custom anyway,
do we get a lot of value out of specifying -- and browser developers
out of implementing -- a time input type?

Mike