[whatwg] Re: input element types

Jim Ley writes:
> [datetime]
> [...] we add a
> dependance on the client knowing the UTC offset of the user I think
> it's all rather over-specified and un-implementable.

In what possible situations would a UA not have access to the user's UTC
offset? Possibly a UA on a mobile phone, but even there I suspect they've
got the UTC offset available somewhere - my phone can allegedly set the time
automatically, and I'd imagine that that process involves it finding out the
timezone of the 'local' country too.

Compared to the effort required to implement a Web Forms 2.0 UA anyway, I
really don't think that knowing the local UTC offset is a killer.

Regards,
Malcolm