[whatwg] Re: date/time types

Dean Edwards writes:
> would it be useful to extend the "precision" attribute to cover
> dates/times? this might eliminate the need for some of the extra input
> types.

Someone else also pointed out a requirement to enter just 'month/day', for
anniversaries, but I'm not sure there's a good enough reason to include it.

Absent that, it sounds like we have cases that involve:
* a point in time, either at second, minute, day, (week?,) or month
precision.
* a time, either at minute or second precision.

It sounds like a precision-like attribute is something that would make
sense, and also that a 'time' type is probably necessary, too. We should
probably not call it 'precision', though, unless it's ok for the domain of
allowable values in 'precision' to depend upon the value of 'type'.

Regards,
Malcolm