[whatwg] Re: several messages

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Didier PH Martin wrote:

>> I'm not sure about the menu bar one. On MacOSX, the menu bar must go at
>> the top of the window, and on Windows it must go at the top of the Window.
>>
>> But in both cases, there is already a menu there -- the browser's menu,
>> which must be there to give the user control over the UA.
>
> Do you mean merging the existing menu with my app menu like for instance it
> is the case for active documents?

Right. I don'?tthink we want to allow that, since you don't want to
confuse the user with respect to having both local privileged commands and
remote insecure commands in the same menu bar.

> Otherwise are you suggesting that my apps can display only toolbars?
> What if I have a lot of functions, menu bars are more efficient to chunk
> large set of function than toolbars.

I don't know what the solution is. What do Web applications with many
features do these days?

> Second point: How Can I expand xform 2 by creating new controls.

That's what the Web Controls spec (which won't really be looked at until
after Web Forms and Web Apps are well under way) will be about.