[whatwg] Loading custom XML UI definitions from an external file

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:29:49 -0400
Didier PH Martin <martind at netfolder.com> wrote:

>a) Do you mean here that you prefer a declarative way to define things?
>b) that you think that packaging an XBL interpreter in javascript is doomed because people can disable javascript.
>c) that most javascript implementation is really too slow to make it a
success.
>d) or that javascript is not powerful enough to develop such interpreter?

B is my main concern. Due to B, I never really got in to JavaScript, so I wouldn't know about D. C seems likely, but it really wasn't a problem in my eyes, as users can wait the extra half second and not even notice. A would be nice.

But the main concern of mine is reliability. I want 100% uptime with 100% of my clients. If this was server parsed, that would be a possibility (well, 99.99%). Client side, this simply isn't possible.