[whatwg] about rich internat applications

From: Reto M. Kiefer <reto@codedculture.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:18:53 +0200
Ian Hickson wrote:

> The former. Or more to the point, freedom. The freedom to use the markup,
> for any purpose. The freedom to study how the markup works, and adapt it
> to your needs. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your
> neighbor. The freedom to improve the markup, and release your improvements
> to the public, so that the whole community benefits.
>
> Freedom is way more important than "vendors" and "customers". At least to
> me. (As far as allowed by local laws, of course.)

I agree absolutely to that point! Freedom is much more important than
customers and vendors especially when defining and creating base
technologies. You will have this innovating community driven development
process only if freedom and openness of the sources are guaranteed.

Kind regards,

Reto

--
CODED CULTURE Internet Solutions