[whatwg] a few comments to Webforms 2.0 Call For Comments

Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> Just a few small issues:
>
> If a range is implemented with a slider control, what happens if no
> initial value is specified?

    Perhaps it should either be zero or the closest value to zero within
the range.

> What happens if a attribute contains an invalid value? E.g. if
> pattern="\", does that mean the pattern will never be satisfied, or that
> the pattern will not be applied?

    I would presume the latter, since it's better to have a patternless
input than an accidentally disabled one. Besides, the server is still
supposed to validate the values.

> Should the DOM reflect default values? E.g. if a number-control does not
>  have the step attribute declared, the default step is 1. Should the DOM
> property step then return 1 or null?

    I'm no Javascript expert, but I believe there are actually two ways
of getting an attribute. One if using GetAttribute, and the other is via
a property of a specific element object. GetAttribute would give you the
value set in the markup, whereas the object property would have the
value used by the UA.

> Appendix B
> shouldnt maxlength apply to uri and email ?

    I'm not sure about email. Some addresses can get pretty long. The
same for URIs.

> shouldnt required apply to checkbox and radio?

    Unquestionably. I've seen numerous web pages that require checkboxes
and radio buttons.