[whatwg] LABEL and radio/checkbox onclick

Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
 > If some native GUI has low
> usability [3], please, let's not limit all *future* browsers and native
> GUIs because of that. Perhaps add a note explaining that some native
> GUIs do not support that feature and some user agents may opt for
> bug-compliant behavior.

[Snip!]
> [3] It really doesn't make any sense to have non-functional areas on
> GUI. Especially if those areas do logically have 1:1-relation to some
> control. So allow those areas to be clickable for better usability. I
> also use mouse gestures in my browser and I often find myself trying to
> use some of the gestures for native windows too. I still think that the
> fix to that problem is to fix the native windows, not to remove the
> functionality from my browser.

    Agreed. Enhancing the native UI should not be a crime. Frequently,
operating systems will adopt UI that is made popular by vendors. The
same forces are responsible for the formation of WHAT WG in the first
place. We are taking innovative ideas with regards to web apps and
integrating them into markup to make them easier to use.