[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:03:42 -0400, Will Levine <wlevine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:37:44 +0100, Jim Ley <jim.ley at gmail.com> wrote:

> > This does not work for me, since it prevents me having a default
> > value.  (such as happens when you return to a form after a submission
> > failure).
>
> First of all, isn't the date syntax in WF2 YYYY-MM-DD?

That's just the submission format, the user should be able to enter
something they are happy with (yes this has legacy issues, which is
what I'm trying to raise)

> Second, the problem with just using an actual date as default value
> like 1995-12-06, is that sometimes a user wouldn't be able to tell MM
> from DD, correct?

Yes, less so of course with the above, but that has different
understandability problems as it's rarely used outside the tech world.

Jim.