[whatwg] Working this summer

Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> Yan Morin wrote:
>
>> 1. Customize the <input type="file"> button and text field, maybe a
> Cool, but the problem here is security. If it is possible to customize
> (and therefore disguise) the file upload widget, it might be easier to
> trick users into uploading files. So while this is a cool feature, I
> dont think it will ever be allowed.

Maybe it could be a security level inside the browser, but they should
be a way to customize it with CSS. I don't know how a client could be
trick when you ask him to choose a file with a button that can always
change between browser. Konqueror show an icon, firefox a text button
(that could not be in the good language), lynx don't show any button.
The file chooser window shouldn't be customizable, only the button and
the text area since it is directly inside the view window area.

>> 2. Use a multi-column drop down for a list:
>

> Is it just a presentation issue, where you want the options to be shown
> in two columns instead of one? Then it could be part of the CSS
> extensions to Web Forms (which are not part of the WF2 spec, but will be
> in a future spec (I think?)). Also the size attribute you propose could
> be part of the CSS extensions, but shouldn't be an attribute since its
> presentational.
>
> Olav Junker Kj?r
I don't want to show the options in two columns, three or multiple
columns. I want to have the value in one column, the displayed text
inside another column, and more information columns beside that is
directly related to the text column.

  _________________
|________________|__________________
|---------------+-------+---------|-|
| Montreal      |  QC   | Canada  |A| <-- top arrow of the scroll
|>New York     <|  NY   | US      | | <-- selected row
| Washington    |  DC   | US      |X| <-- cursor scroll
| San Francisco |  CA   | US      | |
| Toronto       |  ON   | Canada  | |
|_________________________________|V| <-- bottom arrow of the scroll

Only the first column is related to the input box. (like an option text)
There could be a hidden column for the value (like an option value).

--
Yan Morin
http://yansanmo.no-ip.org:8080/