[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

On 9 Dec, 2004, at 2:14 PM, Petrazickis wrote:
> Can we petition keyboard/OS vendors for a new modifier key?

That still wouldn't fix the insidious modality of having one modifier
key for keyboard equivalents in Web apps, and another modifier key for
keyboard equivalents in native apps.

Anyway, the only vendor with the force to establish new standard keys
for PC keyboards in the past decade has been Microsoft. If Microsoft
were willing to cooperate, though, they would be willing to implement
Web applications stuff in MSIE for popular versions of Windows.
Therefore backward compatibility of new Web applications specs with
MSIE 6 for Windows would not be (nearly as) necessary. Therefore we
could use XForms and the like. Therefore What-WG would not need to
exist.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/