[whatwg] ISO 639 / ISO 3166 / ISO 4217 inputs

On 27 Aug 2004 at 15:08, Christian Schmidt wrote:

> I suggest that the UA could contain a default list of countries based on
> UN data or whatever. It should be possible for the user to add entries
> to this list by entering a country name and a two-letter code.

In fact, many UAs have the country/country code lists and the UI for
adding new items in place already to deal with user-configuration of
the Accept-language HTTP header. New countries hasn't been a problem
so far AFAIK..

This idea has my vote, FWIW :-)
--
Hallvord R. M. Steen