[whatwg] Re: Web Forms and Web Apps specs both have b0rked HTML comments

dolphinling writes:
> In Web Forms around section 7.12 and Web Apps around section 8.1.1,
> there's some weird stuff going on with the comments; the w3c validator
> complains and Firefox has strange syntax highlighting. The code looks the
> same in both.

At least in WF2, this seems to be caused by an embedded HTML comment.
There's a large block of HTML in a comment (including the 'DOM3 Load and
Save' note), and within that, the text

"<!--the
 attributes: -->"

which prematurely ends the comment in both browsers (strange, as I would
have thought that Firefox would have just considered the part quoted above
to be outside the comment - which it does - and the part following to still
be part of the comment - which it doesn't seem to).

Regards,
Malcolm