[whatwg] a few comments to Webforms 2.0 Call For Comments

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:

> If a range is implemented with a slider control, what happens if no
> initial value is specified?

I've reluctantly changed the spec so that the value attribute on range
controls defaults to the min value.

> What happens if a attribute contains an invalid value? E.g. if
> pattern="\", does that mean the pattern will never be satisfied, or that
> the pattern will not be applied?

This is defined in the spec. (Invalid attributes are ignored.)

> Should the DOM reflect default values? E.g. if a number-control does not
> have the step attribute declared, the default step is 1. Should the DOM
> property step then return 1 or null?

1.

> Are the error codes cumulative on a single control? E.g. if a text-field
> have a pattern and a maxlength declared a validation might return two
> errors. Should they be added together, or should validation stop at the
> first error?

Both. (The sum.)

> 6.2 "1. Unless the root element..."
> maybe it is should be explicit that this is the root element of the XML data
> source and not the HTML document containing the form.

Fixed.

> Appendix B
> shouldnt maxlength apply to uri and email ?

Fixed.

> shouldnt required apply to checkbox and radio?

Fixed.

Thanks! Let me know if the spec still doesn't seem to answer your
questions. I tried to clarify the bits you mentioned.