[whatwg] Seperation of Content and Interface

Jim Ley wrote:
>>What exactly has been fixed?
>
> the error in the DTD that you were reporting.

I'm sure it has, but not according to IE.

>>What?  The fact that it doesn't support HTML or XHTML at all
>
> You're claiming IE doesn't support HTML now?

No, it doesn't fully support it.  Though, technically, Mozilla and Opera
don't fully support HTML either (see these tests [1]), but IE is far
several more elements and attributes.

> Do you mean:  http://www.lachy.id.au/  ? in which case, I seem to get
> HTML 4.01 documents...

Yes, I put in some effort to set up content negotiation when I set it
up, so I knew you would get HTML 4.01, but my point was that IE can't
render documents well at all.  However, I have had a report that someone
who tried to use IE recieved a 406 response...  I don't know what caused
it, but IE must be more broken than I thought if it can even get the
Accept header correct sometimes.

> and the rendering is better than the firefox
> rendering, which seems really slow... not surprising as it waits for
> ages before starting to render it...

LOL!  Now, that's just being arrogant.  It's quite obvious that the
document is a complete mess in IE, though it's not as bad as it was ? I
included a single hack to make it at least readable.  There's not much
else I can say, except congratulations, you've recieved an award ? [2].

[1] http://www.lachy.id.au/dev/markup/tests/html401/shorttag/net/
(Note: Mozilla does not correctly view the source as it's written in the
files, so you'll have to save the file and view with text editor or
another browser)

[2] http://www.lachy.id.au/blogs/nettwits/2004/08/is-ie-really-better
(Note: IE doesn't even display the image, or the alternate content for
it, so you'll have to fire up a browser that works)

--
Lachlan Hunt

http://www.lachy.id.au/
lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au