[whatwg] Re: Canvas tag

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Erik Arvidsson wrote:

> After some digging in the webcore source files online at
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/WWDC2004/WebCore-146.1/ I found
> the following methods on the Context2D object which you get from the canvas
> element [...]

Based on this and also these files from mozilla.org:

  http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/layout/xul/base/src/nsCanvasFrame.cpp
  http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/layout/xul/base/src/nsCanvasFrame.h
  http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/layout/xul/base/src/nsCanvasRenderingContext2D.cpp
  http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/layout/xul/base/public/nsICanvasBoxObject.idl
  http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/layout/xul/base/public/nsICanvasRenderingContext2D.idl

...I drafted up an initial version of the <canvas> spec:

  http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#graphics

I urge people to send comments to this list. I'm not a graphics expert, so
in particular anything that uses drawing terminology might well be wrong.
Some open questions to get people started: What should happen if the width
and height attributes are mutated? Should shadowOffsetX should be renamed
to shadowOffsetWidth? How should globalCompositeOperation work? Should
fillRect() reset the current path?