[whatwg] xul

At 07:25 AM 8/11/2004, Dan Brickley wrote:
>* Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> [2004-08-11 13:55+0000]
> > On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> > >
> > > In
> > > http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/
> > > please address relationship to Mozilla XUL
> > > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xul/
> >
> > I added a very short section that answers your question:
> >
> > | 1.6. Relationship to XUL, Avalon/XAML, and other proprietary UI
> > | languages
> > |
> > | This specification is independent of the various proprietary UI
> > | languages that various vendors provide.
> >  -- http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#relationship3
> >
> > I'm not really sure what else to say, though. Did you have anything
> > specific in mind?
> >

>(de-lurking)
>
>You might also note that: Mozilla's XUL Template mechanism is based
>around matching against RDF graph structures, and that work is currently
>under-way within W3C to standardize an RDF graph query language. The
>RDF Data Access Working Group (aka "DAWG" :) is the home for this work,
>and interested parties may want to follow their efforts (WG mailing list
>is publically readable) and consider reviewing their documents. In
>particular, two editions of a "Use Cases and Requirements" document have
>been published already.

(de-lurking as well)

Just wanted to say as a Mozilla XUL hacker that while Mozilla templates are
very powerful, they are complex, especially in their relationship to
RDF.  If you want to have a XUL template like mechanism for WHAT please
make it simpler or don't chain it to the RDF data model, which I understand
but many programmers have difficulty with.