[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Matthew Raymond wrote:

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> >   Maybe something like <exclusive> and <mxsection> (Mutually eXclusive
> > section).  I think we actually need two elements: One as a container for all
> > the sections, and another to represent 1 section. eg. in this format (not
> > necessarily with these element names):
> > <mxsection>
> > </mxsection>
>
>    I think the following would be a little bit better:
>
> <mxsections>
> </mxsections>
>
>    Each element you had labeled "exclusive" is really a mutually exclusive
> section in and of itself, where as <mxsection> in your example was a section
> that CONTAINED mutually exclusive section.

At the moment the spec says it would be:

   <switch>
     <section>
       <h1>Exclusive Section 1</h1>
     </section>
     <section>
       <h1>Exclusive Section 2</h1>
     </section>
   </switch>

I don't really like the name "switch", but it is what SVG and XForms have
and it seems better than the alternatives I've considered (thanks to
everyone who suggested these, by the way):

   <blockgroup>
   <card>
   <cardLayout>
   <exblock>
   <exgroup>
   <flip>
   <mebc>
   <mutex>
   <mutexgroup>
   <mutgroup>
   <mutuallyExclusiveblockContainer>
   <mxsection>
   <mxsections>
   <page>
   <pages>
   <stack>
   <stateset>
   <tab>
   <tabs>
   <widget>
   <wizard>

The second choice after <switch> is currently <stateset>, but both
seem a bit geeky.