Re: WebVR and DRM

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Klaus Weidner <klausw@google.com> wrote:

> That would be a change to the (as yet hypothetical) protected compositing
> context implementation in the browser.

Like I said. A retardation of the programmable pipeline lacking anything
the UA doesn't put in, which will be most things. Unless you want to
include a bycantean fixed-function API with a pleathora of options, it's in
no an adequate replacement for a programmable pipeline. This will show in
applications. There's very solid reasons why we're doing programmable
pipelines now, and don't have fixed-function pipelines anymore.