Re: Removing WebVR from W3C

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:29 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> One person has asked one question on this list about whether WebVR and
> protected media might work together, and from this you conclude inherent
> bias?

No. I'm observing the comments made by voting members of the W3C such as
yourself.

> "Truly impartial" means that we don’t refuse to discuss technical matters
> that people want to discuss, by the way.

It's not the discussion I take exception to. It's the observation that
voting members of the W3C seem to uniformly lobby for the implementation of
DRM and the overcoming of its difficulties. As the W3C has the power to
objections (as it has done with HTML-DRM), this makes it a biased body
that's going to entertain a discussion, and then overrule everybody who
objects. It is this what I take exception to, and what I express no
confidence in.