Re: WebVR and DRM

Hi Louay

I think for me one of the motivations for WebVR is to be able to express that a post-decode transformation of the media is needed, and that that post-decode transformation can be optimized and handled by the pipeline. If this works out, then it could make VR and DRM orthogonal questions.

However, I am curious to know if you have mental models of the use of VR for content that might need protecting? It seems to me that part of the skill of a movie director lies in directing our gaze and attention. Even for sports events, many prefer to watch on TV because the skillful selection of camera, breadth of view, and so on, can make the game easier and more pleasant to follow.

> On Jul 10, 2017, at 0:15 , Bassbouss, Louay <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
> Dear Group members,
>
> I am not sure if this topic is already discussed in the group. Is there a way to render DRM content for example encrypted 360° videos using WebVR? If not, do you plan to address this issue in the future maybe in WebVR Working Group Charter?
>
> Thanks,
> Louay Bassbouss

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.