Re: Digital Accessibility Standards for Digital Signage

Hello Laszlo,

As Tanaka-san said, accessibility requirements published by W3C are those
of WCAG: https://w3.org/TR/WCAG20

You should note first that there is a new version nearing completion:
https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/ - they are in final review stage, so it is a
great time if you have comments on the new material. I expect that there
will be another revision to add some requirements that were not well
settled in time to ship with this one - and if you have suggestions, I am
sure the group is open to considering them.

There are also a few documents published by regulatory bodies and industry
groups that decsribe accessibility for kiosks in paticular - some of that
is applicable to signs.

Depending on the sort of signage you are considering, you should also
think about "second screen" interaction as part of how you deal with
accessibility.

Cheers

Chaals

--