Re: Proposal of new requirements for the Web-based signage toward W3C standard

Hi there,

Since I won't be attending this F2F meeting, I hope you don't mind me
sharing how Webconverger does this over email.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015, at 08:35 PM, Shigeru FUJIMURA wrote:
> For example, if more low-level operations on terminals, such as changing
> mode from sleep to normal or restarting to recover from troubles,
> through browser are capable, I believe it increases the potential of
> Web-based signage.

The way we have implemented this in Webconverger is with a secure Web
socket connection from the client to our configuration server.

screen blanking (sleep) and such: https://webconverger.org/API/

Here is the source of the client: https://github.com/Webconverger/wsc

> We would like to start the discussion with a view to launching working
> group and making standards. Would you please join this discussion?

I'm not sure what that standard would look like, but in our case you can
trigger changes to many many Web signage devices by simply curl-ing an
update to the configuration which that device is mapped to. It's fast
and scalable as long as the Web socket is stable.

Kind regards from Malaysia,