Re: Re[2]: Contribution for "Proposed initial draft of "Architecture and Requirements for Web-based Signage Player - Emergency Information Profile"

Comments inline.

> On Mon, 19 May 2014 12:41:28 +0900
> Masayuki IHARA <ihara.masayuki@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>

> > [Statements to be added]
> >
> > In disaster situation, the Internet disconnection may cause ineffective
> performance of a networked signage system. One of the solutions to solve
> this problem is device collaboration to share emergency information with
> users' mobile devices. The followings are required functions for the
> collaboration:
>
> I have some questions.
>
> > - the collaboration between a signage system and a users' mobile devices
> using a local area network that is expected to be still alive under
> disaster situation such as LAN side of access point of public Wi-Fi
>
> How does a user's mobile device discover a signage terminal
> through Wi-Fi network technically?
> IP address scan and port scan?

In my opinion, the administrator already knows the address of digital
signage terminal. If not, it is also possible to make use of network
service discovery(NDS) that periodically broadcasts to the local network.
Anyway, it will be better if Mr.IHARA provides more details.

> > - the emergency information upload from an administrative mobile device
> under situation where the content management system via the Internet
> connection is disabled
>
> What is the emergency information in this situation?
> In this situation, even an system administrator would not have
> any useful information at all, isn't he?
> Without Internet connection, how and what kind of information
> can he get?

I understand your concern.
I think that the administrator can have emergency information through
various ways such as mobile networks, or local administrator's decisions.

> > - the emergency information delivery by a distinction between
> categorized abstract contents for a signage display such as "public
> transportation" or "evacuation center" and detailed contents of each
> category for users' mobile devices
>
> I couldn't understand this statement.
> What is a distinction in this context?
> What are categorized abstract contents?
> Could you elaborate it a little more?

+1
This sentence is needs to be clarified. It is ambiguous whether this is
related to delivery or information.
As far as I understand, this requirement is about providing more detail
information to user's mobile devices from digital signage terminal. For
example, a screen in front of evacuation center just display "evacuation
center" with additional information how to get more detail information from
user's device. Of course, it is assumed that full information is already
conveyed from administrator's devices. In other words, signage terminal
displays simple message, and is capable of providing detail information to
user's devices.

> Use cases are important.
> But we also need to add technical information
> in the Emergency Profile.

I agree.

> I hope you will share it too.

+1

The proposed requirements needs to be aligned with  "Conformance" section,
if those proposed sentences are for providing requirements.
Hence, I want to propose to modify those requirements as follows;

- The digital signage system is RECOMMENDED to be capable of collaborating
with mobile devices through local area network for exchanging emergency
information, if the local network is still alive.
- The digital signage system is RECOMMENDED to be capable of uploading of
emergency information from administrative mobile devices, if the connection
with content management system is lost.
- The digital signage system is RECOMMENDED to be capable of providing
detailed emergency information to user's devices, and RECOMMENDED to
display a method how to get the information.
      For example, a signage terminal in front of evacuation center just
shows "Evacuation Center" and additional information how to get detail
information, and a user can get detailed emergency information from the
signage terminal.

It is also needed to discuss how to implement these requirements with web
technologies.

Any comment will be welcome.
--
Regards,