Re: Re[4]: Contribution for "Proposed initial draft of "Architecture and Requirements for Web-based Signage Player - Emergency Information Profile"

On Monday, June 2, 2014 at 8:00, Futomi Hatano wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2014 12:20:41 +0900
> WOOK HYUN <whyun@etri.re.kr (mailto:whyun@etri.re.kr)> wrote:
>
> > The proposed requirements needs to be aligned with "Conformance" section,
> > if those proposed sentences are for providing requirements.
> > Hence, I want to propose to modify those requirements as follows;

SHOULD is a more common term that is used for the documents that we deal with.

> > - The digital signage system is RECOMMENDED to be capable of collaborating
> > with mobile devices through local area network for exchanging emergency
> > information, if the local network is still alive.

How would the devices connect to the the sign's local network? Normally that is locked
out from public access on every commercial deployment I have seen so far.

And I don't seen the need to restrict it to mobile devices.
> > - The digital signage system is RECOMMENDED to be capable of uploading of
> > emergency information from administrative mobile devices, if the connection
> > with content management system is lost.

Ditto for the mobile comment. It's also very likely that the administration console
is very likely to be a PC of some sort - just to be factually correct, I don't think the
word "mobile" is needed here.
> > - The digital signage system is RECOMMENDED to be capable of providing
> > detailed emergency information to user's devices, and RECOMMENDED to
> > display a method how to get the information.

"Providing" is pretty vague. Are you implying that the terminal should provide a
method to digitally copy the information over to a client? That's at least one would
guess since there is a "user device" in the context - in which case the wording
of the actions should be made more specific.

If so, I think there should be at least one recommended transport method here.
(I don't have any good ideas, NFC is probably one option but the amount of data
you can transmit over is quite limited, and realistically I don't see people lining up
to touch their phones on a sign during a emergency situation - but that could be
just me assuming people don't follow the rules when there is a disaster.)

While we aren't making a normative document here (although I seriously wish
we could) making the transport method completely open ended just makes life
complicated for implementors.

Sangwhan