ȸ½Å: Re[2]: Proposal of use case for web based signage

Hi Wook,

Bingo. Excellent job.

One editorial comment for use case in Proposal 2, according to the title,[Live sports].

The digital signage terminal display not only live sports streaming but also some advertisements like beer and chips.
-> The digital signage terminal displays video streaming not only live sports but also some advertisements like beer and chips.

BR,

Sunghan

________________________________
º¸³½ »ç¶÷ : "WOOK HYUN" <whyun@etri.re.kr>
º¸³½ ³¯Â¥ : 2012-10-25 22:55:47 ( +09:00 )
¹Þ´Â »ç¶÷ : Futomi Hatano <futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp>
ÂüÁ¶ : ±è¼ºÇÑ <sh-kim@etri.re.kr>, public-websignage@w3.org <public-websignage@w3.org>, Çã¹Ì¿µ <myhuh@etri.re.kr>, °­½Å°¢ <sgkang@etri.re.kr>, ±è¼ºÇý <shkim@etri.re.kr>, ÀÌ°­Âù <chan@etri.re.kr>
Á¦¸ñ : Re: Re[2]: Proposal of use case for web based signage

As we have agreed, I have made two proposals.

The one is for adding use cases for R7 and the other is for additional requirements on live video streaming.
Any comments are welcome.

Thank you.

---------

Proposal 1. Addition of two use cases into R7

-------<<begin>>--------
[Investment information]

Lily is in the bank planning to withdrawal money from her savings account which has matured. As she waits for her turn, she goes to the digital signage terminal to get information on the new savings plan, investment tips, exchange rates, and stock quotation to find out if there is any good plan that she could invest. As her turn comes up, she goes to the teller with the next investment plan for the money from her savings account.

[Live news feeding]

Michael woke up late in the morning and did not have time to check the morning news. On his way to his office, he sees the digital signage display installed on the exterior side of the bus. The display shows weather forecast, headline news, local news, and various events in form of a simplified text.
In the subway train, Michael watches the signage display installed inside the train which shows the news in the morning rush hour. Michael can get live news and information from various signage devices on his way to his office.
-------<<end>>--------

Proposal 2. Addition of new requirements for live video streaming

-------<<begin>>--------
RXX: Live video streaming

Digital signage can be used to provide live video streaming as well as advertisement contents. If digital signage terminal provide live video streaming, it can achieve more increased effect of advertisement.

Use cases

[Live sports]

Michael is a big fan of national soccer game, and there was a big match yesterday evening. On his way home, he found a digital signage terminal that was installed in the square plaza. Many people were gathered already to watch the game. The digital signage terminal display not only live sports streaming but also some advertisements like beer and chips. Michael had no choice but to buy a bunch of beers for cheering up the victory of his team.

Motivation

Live streaming video is an quite effective method for getting an end-user's attentions. It is a good strategy to provide advertisement that is related to the content of live streaming. This makes it possible to increase the effect of advertisement and may leads to immediate purchase of products.

Gap Analysis

For live video streaming in web-based signage, HTML5 video tag can be used. HTML5 video tag does not specify any particular real-time streaming protocol, but it allows the use of any protocols such as RTSP(Real-time Streaming Protocol, RFC2326), HLS(HTTP Live Streaming, <https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StreamingMediaGuide/StreamingMediaGuide.pdf>), and MPEG-DASH.
-------<<end>>--------

2012/10/25 Futomi Hatano <futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp<mailto:futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp>>

I reply inline.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:08:27 +0000
±è¼ºÇÑ <sh-kim@etri.re.kr<mailto:sh-kim@etri.re.kr>> wrote:

> But, If additional use case for video streaming is suggested, it can be a good example of use case.

Thanks for your comment, Sunghan.
I agree with you.

> Otherwise, if Hyun want to expand for R7, R7 can be renamed with other title. And it covers notifications and streaming service from server.

I think that "streaming service" should put in a new requirement.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:15:42 +0900
WOOK HYUN <whyun@etri.re.kr<mailto:whyun@etri.re.kr>> wrote:

> BTW, I thought that the current R7 is more focused on the event
> notification such as fire disaster and emergency rather than feeding of
> live contents. That is reason why I suggested it as a new requirement.

Thanks for your opinions, Wook.
Your feeling makes sense.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:42:04 +0900
WOOK HYUN <whyun@etri.re.kr<mailto:whyun@etri.re.kr>> wrote:

> Yes, I agree. As I wrote in the previous reply, proposed use
> cases('investment information','live news feeding') can be moved into R7,
> and requirement for live streaming needs to be added as a new one.

Good.

> Anyway, I will prepare modified texts as soon as possible.

Thank you for your effort.
I look forward to your new proposal.

Best regards,
Futomi