Re: Re[2]: How do we collaborate in writing documents?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:15:53 +0200, Futomi Hatano
<futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:06:30 +0800
> "John C. Wang" <John.Wang@IAdea.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe it is easier to do versioning and collaborative editing on
>> wiki. I'd prefer that.
>
> Thank you for your opinion, John.
> As the other members don't seem to have opinions in particular,
> we'll adopt the wiki for collaborative editing.

OK. I was about to write and say that I prefer to make edits to HTML
documents and use a version-controlled repository (git or hg which W3C can
also offer) but I don't really mind and I am unlikely to be the most
active editor anyway.

> I've already import the HTML document to the wiki manually.
> http://www.w3.org/community/websignage/wiki/Web-based_Signage_Scenarios_and_Use_Cases
>
> I added you as an editor. Do you mind?
> Please feel free to edit the document in the wiki.

I'm technically only an observer and can't afford to join the BG as an
individual. So working on the content before I am representing a W3C
member again is something I can only do at the invitation of the BG (and
probably needs the approval of W3C management as well because it is an
exceptional case). But if I have that approval, I'd be interested in
spending a bit of time editing the wiki.

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals - standards declaimer