Re: [Minutes] Second Screen WG F2F - TPAC 2017

Thanks Francois!

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello Second Screen WG and Second Screen CG,
>
> For those interested who were not at TPAC this week, the minutes of this
> week's F2F are available at:
> - Day 1: https://www.w3.org/2017/11/06-webscreens-minutes.html
> - Day 2: https://www.w3.org/2017/11/07-webscreens-minutes.html
>
> The WG deliverables (Presentation API and Remote Playback API) were
> discussed on Day 1.
> The Open Screen Protocol developed by the CG was discussed on Day 2.
>
> Mark added actions taken during the F2F to issues on GitHub, along with a
> link back to the minutes.
>
> Resolutions on the API taken during the meeting:
> - Remote Playback API: close issue #88 since no use cases have been
> identified supporting the feature
>   https://www.w3.org/2017/11/06-webscreens-minutes.html#x04
>   https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/88
> - Presentation API v2: close issue #348 about Presentation display
> capability detection for lack of identified use cases
>   https://www.w3.org/2017/11/06-webscreens-minutes.html#x25
>   https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/348
>
> Resolution on the Open Screen Protocol taken during the meeting:
> - For the transport protocol, take a hybrid approach where we use QUIC as
> the primary transport protocol, while leveraging RTC data channel features
> to move to a peer connection in more heterogeneous environments later on
>   https://www.w3.org/2017/11/07-webscreens-minutes.html#x24
>
> The Second Screen WG charter expires at the end of the year. It needs to
> be renewed. I copied a draft version of the current charter to a dedicated
> repo on GitHub. I will adjust it over the coming days based on discussions
> held during the F2F. Plan is to request a one year extension. Feel free to
> suggest other updates by creating issues or preparing pull requests:
> - Rendered draft: https://w3c.github.io/secondscreen-charter/
> - GitHub repo: https://github.com/w3c/secondscreen-charter/

The following link can be used to diff the working draft of the new charter
with the current charter.

https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2014%2Fsecondscreen%2Fcharter-2016.html&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fsecondscreen-charter%2Findex.html

Francois, do we have a target date to have a final draft ready for CfC?
That would help me schedule internal review processes etc.

m.